17 March 2014 - HELP SAVE FULFORD EVENT
A sincere THANK YOU to the 'Help save Fulford' team and to the residents of Fulford for such a successful and enjoyable afternoon yesterday. An incredible £1300 was raised through direct donations and sales of raffle tickets, tea, and delicious cakes (all of which were donated by local residents and 'Help Save Fulford').
Grateful thanks to the organisers and to all Fulford residents!
Follow the 'Help Save Fulford' page on Facebook and Twitter @helpsavefulford.
5 March 2014
GERMANY BECK FIGHTING FUND – HELP SAVE FULFORD.
Since the relaunch of the Germany Beck Fund, more than £4000 has been raised. We are very grateful for the support of residents for the Parish Council's continuing legal action - THANK YOU.
The appeal against the recent court judgement has been lodged and a decision 'on the papers' is awaited.
A local fund-raising group 'Help Save Fulford' has been formed by a kind local resident - find it on facebook.com/helpsavefulford and twitter @helpsavefulford. The first event is afternoon tea and cakes on Sunday16 March 2-5pm at Fulford Social Hall. Please come along to find out how the development would affect you - parish councillors will be there to answer questions and there will be raffle prizes.
If you would like to help Fulford Parish Council in its legal battle, full details on how to donate can be found in the news section.Your continuing support is vital for Fulford's future.
If you would like to assist in any other practical way or if you simply need information, please let us know.
FURTHER UPDATES TO FOLLOW - some recent correspondence can be found on the 'documents and correspondence' page.
1st May 2013 - latest:On 25th April, the City of York's Planning Committee approved the reserved matters application (13 to 2 with one abstention). This will come as a huge disappointment to residents and the Parish Council would like to thank all those who fought to protect our village from this development over so many years. The final 'Notice of Decision' is awaited and consultation with our lawyers is now underway. We will keep residents informed wherever possible.
20th April 2013 Latest: On behalf of the Parish Council, our lawyers Richard Buxton sent a letter to City of York Council on April 16th.
The full text is available on the 'documents and correspondence' page.
The Reserved Matters Application for details of appearance, landscaping, layout and scale of 655 dwellings and associated facilities granted under outline permission 01/01315/OUT for Persimmon Homes and Hogg the Builder is to be decided at a City of York Council Planning Committee meeting on 25th April 2013 at 3.00pm at the Guildhall, St. Helen’s Square, York.
The Committee will visit the site on Tuesday 23rd April at 12.45pm to familiarise themselves with the proposal. The visit will begin at 12.45 at Low Moor Avenue before proceeding to School Lane at approx 13.10.
The committee report can be viewed online at:http://democracy.york.gov.uk/ieListMeetings.aspx
Please note that the recommendation of the Planning Officers is to"Approve".
Revised plans and an updated bat survey were submitted in Feb 2013. These can be accessed through the City of York council Planning portal. The Parish Council's objection letter can be viewed below, together with other documents and letters associated with the development.
The Parish Council commissioned MAB Ecology to assess the Bat Survey Reports submitted by ERAP for the developer. These highly critical appraisals can be viewed on the 'documents and correspondence' page.
- FPC objection letter 12/00384/REMM 27/03/2013 FPC objection letter for reserved matters (12/00384/REMM) Mar 27th 2013
(Word document - 131kb)
- Newsletter "Germany Beck Update" June 2012 (Word document - 44kb)
- Regulation 8 Request undated City of York Council (PDF document - 109kb)
- Review of the Green Belt Appraisal (CYC 2003) Pegasus Planning Group. (PDF document - 122kb)
- FPC LDF submission inc.review of Fulford's Green Belt land June 2010 (PDF document - 8.96MB)
- 22nd February 2012 Reply from City of York to Richard Buxton's letter of 3rd February 2012
(PDF document - 76.22kb)
- Letter to City of York from Richard Buxton dated 3rd February 2012
(PDF document - 491kb)
- Letter to City of York Council from Richard Buxton Environmental Lawyer dated 10th April 2012 requesting that planning permission be revoked.
(PDF document - 586kb)
- FPC objection letter (12/01802/OUTM) 03/07/12 Read the letter in full.
(PDF document - 185kb)
- GERMANY BECK - Proposed extension of time application Details of Public meeting om 2nd April 2012
(Word document - 514kb)
- Newsletter Feb 2012 Germany Beck Reserved matters Application. Newsletter - Latest on the reserved matters application.
(Word document - 33kb)
- MAB Ecology Comments on updated ERAP Bat Survey Report. April 2013. (commissioned by FPC)
(PDF document - 203kb)
- MAB Ecology 'Bat Survey & Appraisal' Nov 2012 (commissioned by FPC) (PDF document - 3.03MB)
- Richard Buxton letter to CYC dated April 16th 2013. (PDF document - 403kb)
- Fulford Parish Council Newsletter April 2013 ( - 19.83kb)
- Read our Newsletter here AND PLEASE COME ALONG TO THE MEETING AND LEND YOUR SUPPORT
(PDF document - 323kb)
- GERMANY BECK DEVELOPMENT - LATEST (Word document - 26.5kb)